Monday, December 20, 2010

the MOST wonderful time of the year

After some encouraging, I finally decided to start my own blog after a friend of mine inspired me. And what better way to start  my "A list" than my favorite time of year.
There's something about the month of December that just makes my heart feel light.
The reason,

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,  The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

"...Rejoice, rejoice! Emmanuel..."

The music,

Dave - Home For Christmas


the decorations,


hot chocolate (homemade, i.e.) and sweetly decorated cookies,


(and every other fixing that I could dedicate a whole blog to that reminds me of this holiday... Grandma's chicken and dumplings, Aunt Wandie's brunswick stew, mama's dressing and pecan pie, and recently Betsy's sweet potato souffle.. but only because it tastes nothing like sweet potatos), and of course time well spent with my favorite people (and canines).


....



...so a very Merry Christmas to everyone. As cliche as it is, remember the reason for the season, remember that the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear, remember to fill your belly with lots of yummy treats, and most importantly remember to join hands, and start a love train.

2 comments:

  1. Ho ho ho! Love this blog! Nicely done : ) And a Merry Christmas to you and the Bland gang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Ali, you have surprised me! Love the video! It made me laugh. I also love your blog. It makes me want me a dog so badly. I never felt like a home really felt like a home without a dog. Uncle Windell will not agree because he says a dog will chase the cows. When I retire I'm going to get me a puppy to love. He will adjust, I'm sure. He adjusted to Whoopee, didn't he? Keep writing...Aunt Wandie

    ReplyDelete